02 Nov Top 10 Windows 10 Tips
“10 Essential Windows 10 Tips to Enhance Your PC Experience”
Intro: Windows 10, the ever-evolving operating system from Microsoft, is packed with features that can improve productivity, efficiency, and even your computer’s performance. Whether you’re a seasoned user or just getting started, these 10 tips will help you get the most out of your Windows 10 experience.
1. Master the Start Menu The Start Menu is more versatile than ever. You can resize it, pin your favourite apps, and even get live updates from apps like Mail and Calendar. Right-click on tiles to unpin them, resize them, or turn their live-update feature on or off.
2. Snap Assist for Better Multitasking Snap Assist enhances your ability to multitask. Simply drag a window to the edge of the screen to snap it there, or press Windows Key + Left or Right Arrow to snap it to either side. Snap four different apps on a single screen to boost productivity.
3. Virtual Desktops for Uncluttered Workspaces Use Task View (Windows Key + Tab) to create new virtual desktops when one is crowded with open apps and windows. This can help you organize your work by project or task.
4. Battery Saver for Longer Life To maximize your laptop’s battery life, use the Battery Saver feature. Head to Settings > System > Battery to turn on Battery Saver automatically when your battery falls below a certain percentage.
5. Storage Sense to Keep Your Disk Clean Storage Sense is a handy tool for automatically freeing up space. It can delete temporary files and content from your Recycle Bin that’s been there for over 30 days. Find it in Settings > System > Storage.
6. Dynamic Lock for Security Pair your phone with your PC via Bluetooth. Once paired, Windows can be set to automatically lock when your phone is out of Bluetooth range. Set this up in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
7. Use God Mode to Access All Settings God Mode gives you access to all of the operating system’s control panels from within one folder. To enable it, create a new folder on your desktop and rename it to:
8. Dictation for Quick Typing Use Windows 10’s built-in speech recognition feature to dictate text anywhere you can type. Press Windows Key + H and start speaking to dictate.
9. Clipboard History for Copy-Paste Efficiency Press Windows Key + V to bring up Clipboard History, which can store multiple items you’ve copied and pasted across applications.
10. Night Light for Eye Comfort Reduce eye strain with Night Light by adjusting the colour temperature of your screen to reduce blue light. Set it up in Settings > System > Display.
Windows 10 is rich with features that can enhance your PC experience. By incorporating these tips into your daily workflow, you can improve productivity, maintain security, and use your computer more efficiently. Try them out and see which ones make the biggest difference for you!
Have any Windows 10 tips of your own? Share them in the comments below, and don’t forget to like and share this post if you found it helpful!